|| LINKS FOR TEACHERS
The following are links that I have stumbled upon for one reason or another and found very informative and helpful. If a link is broken, my apologies, please email me and, if possible, I will fix it. Also feel free to send me your favorite links at Contact@BradleyScherzer.com
- Incredible Art Department
- One of the greatest sites for Art Educators
- The Teaching Palette
- This site is a must to check out, it covers everything in depth with a ton of links.
- Lesson plans and resources from The National Gallery of Canada
- BrainPOP | Educators Homepage
- Free Tips, Tools, & Resources
- OCAIW: Orazio Centaro's Art Links
- Teacher Curriculum For Arts & Humanities
- The Art Teacher's Guide to the Internet
- Mark Harden's Artchive
- All Longwood Smartboard Lessons
- The Carrot Revolution
- diverse digital and 2D projects from the classroom of Casey Jex Smith
- Dryden Art
- Horton High School Visual Art
- Horton HS art education program aims to empower students to participate meaningfully in a technologically based visual culture. This site has lessons and resources for teachers and learners in visual art and design at the high school level. The program has been created and is directed by Paul Syme.
- Techy Teacher's Website
- Drawspace.com - Learn to draw
- Drawspace.com offers diverse downloadable and printable drawing lessons featuring Brenda Hoddinott's unique and highly acclaimed style of teaching. Brenda is the author of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Drawing People, and Drawing for Dummies.
- Pencil Portrait Drawing - Learn to draw faces
- Teach yourself some of the basic techniques of drawing pencil portraits. Understand proportion and scale in the head by following our step-by-step lessons. Learn how to build up realistic features of the face and shade them convincingly in tone.
- Art Instruction Blog
- Pointillism is a technique using a series of dots to create an image. It takes time, and loads of patience, but the results can be incredibly impressi
- :: Clint Samples.com ::
- Clint Samples, Assistant Professor, The University of West Georgia Department of Art, Personal Work, Teaching & Links
- Lesson Plans
- NHS Designs - Design Principles - Proximity
- Digital Arts Education
- A PLACE FOR DIGITAL ARTS STUDENTS TO CONVERSE & DISPLAY
- The Mac Lab
- Extensive Digital Arts Education site. Numerous video tutorials and images.
Secondary & Middle Online Activities
- CyberMuse - Youth
- Careers, Drawing with Light, Deconstructing Art, Discovering your favorite style, the Five Major Mediums, Postcards from the National Gallery of Canada
- Art for kids and Crafts for kids.
- A Lifetime of Color
- Teachers.Net - Arts & Crafts
- Arts & Crafts Activities and Lessons for preschool, early childhood, elementary, and kindergarten teachers. Free printables and classroom reproducibles.
- How To's - Arts & Activities Magazine
- Young Pavement Artists Competition
- ARTSEDGE is the Kennedy Center's interactive education program for K-12 teachers, parents and students. Founded in 1991, ARTSEDGE supports the creative use of technology to enhance teaching and learning in, through and about the arts. Through its Web site, as well as innovative print and integrated media materials, ARTSEDGE offers free, standards-based teaching materials for use in and out of the classroom, media-rich interactive experiences, professional development resources, and guidelines for arts-based instruction and assessment.
- SAN DIEGO MUSEUM of ART | LESSONS
- Lesson plans for teachers are available at the San Diego Museum of Art.
- HOTCHALK The Lesson Plans Page
- This section of The Lesson Plans Page contains Art lesson plans, art ideas, art lessons, art thematic units, Teacher Resources, unit, educator, education resources, printables, worksheets, activities.
- Learn NC - Lesson plans
- Haring Kids
- Lines, Dots, and Doodles
- Briargrove Elementary
- Art Projects for Kids
- Deep Space Sparkle Art Lessons
- Mrs. Brown
- The Art Room @ Briargrove
- Huge emphasis on recylcing projects
- Edition8x8 - Paper mechanisms
- Catalan Blog
- Paste the URL into Google Translate to change it from Catalan to English.
- Elementary Art Fun
- PaintedPaper's Flickr
- Flickr is almost certainly the best online photo management and sharing application in the world. Show off your favorite photos and videos to the world, securely and privately show content to your friends and family, or blog the photos and videos you take with a cameraphone.
- For the Love of Art
- That Artist Woman
- Art With Mr. E
- Ginger Bowerman
- Fort Meigs Elementary
- Ginger Bowerman Flickr
- Use Your Coloured Pencils
- Art Smarts 4 Kids
- BBC SMart
- Get arty with SMart. Join Mike and Kirsten and have fun creating great makes. Send your art work in for the gallery or play an arty game.
- Deep Space Sparkle
- Just another WordPress site
- Fem Manuals!
- Wonderfully inventive blog. Paste the URL into Google Translate to change it from Spanish to English.
- BLICK Lesson Plans
- Blick's Lesson Plans are a great resource for teachers and educators.
- New City Arts
- Shannah, St. Louis, Missouri | teaches k-6 art at New City School in St. Louis.
- Art Is Messy
- Here you will find art lesson plan ideas, listings of online art-related resources, student work, as well as ramblings about being an art teacher in China. Kindergarten-5th graders at Puxi Elementary an American School in Shanghai, China.
- Art Is Messy | Puxi Elementary Art Gallery
- Thank you for visiting! Inside you will find information about the projects that your child has worked on this year, images of their artwork, art related internet links, and art news. In addition, you will find lists of questions created in order to help you engage your child about their work.
Elementary Online Activities
- Eduweb - Online Activity Links
- MET: Explore & Learn
- Amazing, extensive, and diverse stories and games on artists, cultural art, and art history from the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Inside Art: An Art History Game
- University of Chicago's Smart Museum of Art interactive art games, clue hunts, and tours
- NGAkids Art Zone
- National Gallery of Art offers an array of interactive online art activities that are fun for children of all ages. Interactives such as Photo Op, Dutch Dollhouse, Jungle, and Collage Machine encourage compositional experimentation and a vivid understanding of collage and photomontage techniques; BRUSHSter and PaintBox are painting tools that encourage free expression and visual experimentation; Pixelface is a hands-on virtual portrait activity.
- A. Pintura: Art Detective
- As A. Pintura, a 1940's-style detective with a degree in art history, you must identify the artist of a mystery painting.
- Destination Modern Art | MoMA.org
- CyberMuse - Artissimo
- Eye Spies, stories in art, color mixing, postcards, gallery, mystery games, crosswords, and more from The National Gallery of Canada
- Kerpoof Studio
Elementary Stories & Storybooks
- Golden Gems - Storybooks online
- Many scanned older storybooks canned page by page in high quality. Excellent illustrations.
- Storyline Online
- KOL Jr. Stories
- Online Picture Books Read Aloud including Arthur books, animal stories, family stories and rhyming stories.
- Arturo's Art Stories!
- Interactive stories using art and symbols to find clues and complete the stoies from the Dallas Museum of Art.
- Animated video summaries of all sorts of subjects.
Big Ideas/Unit Ideas
- Curricular Resources
- Douglas and Sturgess - Materials for Artists
- We carry sculpting, and construction supplies ranging from adhesives and clays to fiberglass resins and wax.
- Educational Innovations: Unique Science Products, Science Classroom Supplies, Science Fair Projects
- The master teacher and educator source for inexpensive and hard to find science workshop supplies and materials for the lab, classroom and workshop for the school, university and home experimenter.
- Mother of All Art and Art History Links Pages
- The University of Michigan’s links to Art History departments, image collections, museums, research resources and more. It is a nonstop shopping kind of place for art history.
- A multimedia web-book about art and art history. You can search by time, artist, style and theme. Each result yields a short video clip about a particular piece of art. It’s a great resources for teachers and those just curious about art alike.
- ART HISTORY RESOURCES ON THE WEB: Contents
- Intro to Art History Horton
- Art cyclopedia: The Fine Art Search Engine
- ArtLex Art Dictionary
- BigEye Visual Arts Center
- WebMuseum: Artist index
- ArtMagick is a virtual gallery dedicated to the continual quest of seeking out obscure 19th century artists and long-forgotten paintings and poems illustrating a "magic world of romance and pictured poetry". The majority of the content in the archive covers the Pre-Raphaelite and Symbolist movements.
- SlideShare - PowerPoint Sharing SIte
- Join SlideShare, the world’s largest presentation sharing community. Share publicly, privately. Add audio for webinar.
- The Artist's Toolkit: Explore | ArtsConnectEd
- This site includes info on: Minneapolis Institute of Arts Toolkit
- ESL Printables: English worksheets, lesson plans and other resources
- The place where English Language teachers share resources: worksheets, lesson plans and more.
Free Image & Drawing Tools
- Pixlr - Online Photo Editor
- Similar to Photoshop. Pixlr is a free online photo editor. Edit, adjust and filter your images. No registration jump right in!
- GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program
- Must be dowloaded but a Photoshop alternative.
- Phixr - Online Photo Editor
- Artrage Demos
- Blabberize.com - Make a Blabber!
- Picnik - Photo editing
- Simplistic photo editor, great fro making images for holiday and other cards.
- BeFunky - Photo Effects and Photo Editing
- Allows you to edit and adjust photos and then to apply filters and effects to the images. Rather extensive collection of filters and effects.
- Diverse and numerous photo templates and effects. Careful some images that users post at the bottom can be mature, no filter.
- Polaroid Image Maker
- Personalized Money
- Make things look miniature. Create your tilt-shift picture
- Artsonia Kids Art Museum — The Largest Student Art Gallery on the Web!
- Artsonia is a kids art museum where young artists and students display their art for other kids worldwide to view. This gallery displays schools (K-12) and student art projects in our museum and offer exciting lesson plan art project ideas.
Philosophy and Portfolio
- Developing a Teaching Portfolio: Writing a Philosophy of Teaching Statement
- Public School Review
- View a directory of Ohio/OH public schools by name, county, or town.
- A Lifetime of Color - Color Wheel Painting
Tutorials & Techniques
- Instructables - Make, How To, and DIY
- Instructables is the Biggest How To and DIY community where people make and share inspiring, entertaining, and useful projects, recipes, and hacks.
- Craft Projects: Easy Craft Ideas, Kids Crafts, & Holiday Crafts
- wikiHow - The How-to Manual That You Can Edit
- wikiHow is a wiki based collaboration to build the world’s largest, highest quality how to manual. Our multilingual how to manual has free step-by-step instructions on how to do all types of things.
- Alternative photographic processes how to: carbon prints, carbro prints, albumen prints, ziatypes, tin types, Argyrotypes, Bromoils, Chrysotypes, Cyanotypes, Gelatin silverprints, Gum bichromates, Gum oils, Infrareds, Kallitypes, Lithographs, Liquidemulsion, Pinholes, Platinum & Palladium, Polaroid sx-70, time zero, Polaroid transfers, Polymergravure, Saltprints, Vandykes.
- Anchor Optics - Educational Documents
- Make an Opaque Projector
- Photoshop Photography Techniques
- 80 Photoshop Text Effects
- Sculpey modeling tutorial
- Smellybugs Maquette Tutorial completed! 3D, SCULPTURE & TOYS
- Body Casting and Chocolate Molding
- Wood Carving - Tips & Techniques
- Blambot Fonts and Lettering
- Comic Book Fonts and Custom Design by Blambot.com
- Witch Drawing Tutorial
- Illustration Tips & Techniques
- Jonny Crossbones » Tutorials
- Drawing Resources and Tutorials for Artists and Illustrators
- Drawing Resources: Tips, Tutorials, and Techniques for Artists and Illustrators
- Color Inspiration from the Masters
- Color & Design Blog by COLOURlovers
- Stop Motion Animation - Creative and easy to do!
- AN introduction to the creative world of stop motion animation. You can make your own. It is real easy and fun. - Unleash your creativity one frame at a time.
- Teach Animation
- Rachel Heisler's Digital Methods In Art Blog
- Stencils from The Stencil Library. Over 3500 stencil designs. Stencils in every style imaginable.
- Stencils from our catalogue of over 3500 decorative stencil designs. Authentic historical STENCIL design side by side with contemporary imagery and many stenciling tips.
- Stencil 1 | graffiti stencils
- Stencil1, a Brooklyn-based graphics company is releasing itís first volume of graffiti stencils. The collection of 50 stencils features urban icons and eclectic images from turntables to unicorns. All stencils are pre-cut on 8 1/2î x 11î mylar sheets, allowing them to used numerous times.
- Stencil Sites
- Inspiration is Everywhere: Illustration, Art, Cartooning, Comics, and Drawing
- SprayPaint.TV Videos for Artists. - Stencil
- 60-Minute Jumbo Timer - Classroom Management - Teacher Resources - Shop by Category - Teachers - Learning Resources®
- 60 Minute Jumbo Timer’s button pops up and buzzer sounds when time is up. Use 60 Minute Jumbo Timer for classroom and time management, tests, games, centers, labs and class clean-up.
- Kikkerland MAGNETIC ROTARY TIMER
- Have You Filled a Bucket Today
- Have You Filled a Bucket Today: A Guide to Daily Happiness for Kids by Carol McCloud, David Messing